I have to agree that standards are available, and have been implemented for
sending EDI securely  without going through a VAN.  In the natural gas
industry, we've developed a mechanism that uses PGP, and it's worked quite
well.  For next year, we have decided to go to EDIINT AS2, which provides
for either PGP or sMIME encryption of the EDI message.

Andy

James Bertsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU> on 10/26/2000
10:42:41 AM

Please respond to James Bertsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  Electronic Data Interchange Issues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>