Absolutely - also make sure your editor you are using to view your files is not converting characters also...  I have jumped through hoops for hours, only to find my Hex 0D0A's (CR-LFs) really weren't, they were LF's that a text editor was adding a CR to, totally unbeknownst to and outside of the translator of course.  FTP clients should resolve the ASCII-EBCDIC issue though.

Rob McNeece
Director. Integration Architecture
PaperFree, a New Era of Networks Company
(703) 847-5671 (w)     (703) 847-8882 (f)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jay Richardson wrote:

Anthony,

What product are you using to FTP.  You might want to try sending the docs in Binary.  This usually fixes the problems with conversions. If you can connect directly try dropping to the FTP prompt and sending it type binary.  Your gateway software should support FTP via ASCII or binary.  We have ran across this problem numerous times.

Thanks,
Jay Richardson
EDI Programmer/ Analyst
AIMS Logistics