We have successfully transmitted the 816 with WalMart.

Here is our scenario for your reference:

We use Sterling as our VAN with the Gentran Director software vs. 5.1.

We downloaded the 816 print template from Sterling's library, registered it and set up a Walmart 4030 partner.  Then we changed the script variable under the communications profile to GLNFXUS (this script variable points to another mailbox).  This worked.  But...the 816 file/document is so large it took 45 minutes or so to download it from our mailbox.  Once downloaded, we could only print it (since Sterling only has a print template).  The report is hundreds of pages long, so this is not practical.  After discussion with Sterling they will be developing a print view template in the next 30 days or so which will allow us to view the document with our Gentran Director software.

Our second alternative is to use WalMart's Retail Link.  We tried this and went to information, business units information, then US, then business units.  The file is so large we cannot bring it up over our link.  After discussions with WalMart they are working on this.

I just wanted to share the information in case anyone is using Sterling as their VAN.