> Has anyone out there come up with an automated way of exchanging
> Engineering
> Drawings (Bill Materials, Assembly instructions, AI - drawing, engineering
> change notice) with manufacturers.  If so, I'd like to understand
> what you did.

Not engineering drawings and not in an "EDI document fashion", but I have
done it. Mainly, for mugshots and GIS maps. I guess it could have been
pseudo-EDI because it was done in an automated way from TP application to TP
application but there were no standard X12/EDIFACT docs exchanged.

> As a possible solution, we were kicking around the idea of
> putting the drawings
> on a web site.  Sounds good, but our manufacturers want to pull
> the drawings
> into their software packages.

It's not an EDI solution per se but you can still put the drawings in a
central location (web server, ftp server, shared directory with VPN tunnels
so they can get to them, BBS type of system, etc.) and they can retrieve
them in an automated fashion directly into their apps. It might take a
*little* programming to accomplish it but not very much at all.

- AHilton