Bill,
There is nothing in the documentation in reference to EDI Error code.  In my
browsing thru the EDI4XXPGM library, I did find in the source file COMSRC, a
program called COMSHELL written by someone at
Premenos(Pre-Peregrine/Pre-Harbinger).  In this program, it has the error
code E1 and others.  If you do not have the source code, let me know.

Anyway, the answer to your question is:

E1 = BSC SEND/DATA-FILE FAILURE: Line drop while sending mailbox data to
host.

Regards,

Michael Richards
Coordinator, Electronic Commerce