                From:   Chuck Boucos
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Monday, May 14, 2001 2:19 PM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        Walmart 816s

                List....

                I have a client who regularly gets (or wants to get) the
Weekly Walmart 816
                download. We load a cross-reference type Access table with
it (or plan to).

                This morning, the file we received bombed out in our mapper.
What I
                discovered was that they (Walmart) sent a "U" in the ISA/11
element and
                "00403" in the Interchange Ctrl Version element.

                It is my understanding that this combination is illegal
according to the
                Standard, beginning with Version 4020. My understanding is
that if you have
                an Interchange Control Version of "00402" or higher, the
ISA/11 becomes
                something called a "Repitition Separator" and that the
character "U" is no
                longer valid.

                Is anyone else having this problem with the weekly Walmart
816 file, and am
                I correct in my understanding of the situation?

                Thanks.

                Chuck Boucos
                Willow Farm Solutions
                http://www.willowfarmsolutions.com