Glenn,

At the risk of sticking my neck out here on the newslist - I am the Program
Manager for Integrations @ PeopleSoft. PeopleSoft does not produce or
consume any particular standard flavor out of the box. I noticed that some
one else posted PeopleSoft's compliance with Rosettanet. This compliance is
more at the functional vs syntactical format. Rosettanet also only consists
of a subsets of supported XML transactions. PeopleSoft has implemented XML
within all of the application suite - HRMS, Financials, CRM, and Supply
Chain. For a complete listing of supporting transactions, see the Open
Integration Framework Web Site -
http://www.peoplesoft.com/en/us/products/technology/OIF.

The XML syntax is PeopleSoft's own variation with a common enveloping
schema. For details on this consult the delivered PeopleTools software
development kit. PeopleSoft's XML, from a W3C perspective, is vintage 2000.
PeopleSoft's application server parses inbound XML data and invokes what is
called subscription PeopleCode in a DOM format. It does not validate the
XML against a DTD or Schema at this time.

Another person commented on PeopleSoft's relationship with Mercator. For
releases prior to PeopleSoft 8, all EDI transactions were done via the EDI
Manager. This tool created flat files - called PeopleSoft Business
Documents. These are either CSV or structured fixed record length files. In
order to translate to X.12, one of the PeopleSoft partners - Sterling,
Harbinger (Peregrine), or Mercator, is required. With PeopleSoft 8, this
requirement remains for X12, but PeopleSoft is working with these partners
to convert XML messages instead of flat files.

I would appreciate any details you can share on the transactions your
planning to implement with PeopleSoft 8.
05/16/2001 01:29:28 PM Mike Canniff/PeopleSoft:

                    "Glenn Smith"
                    <Glenn.Smith@DA        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    RCYWW.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     Question about Peoplesoft 8.0
                    "Electronic
                    Data
                    Interchange
                    Issues"
                    <EDI-L@LISTSERV
                    .UCOP.EDU>

                    05/16/01 08:32
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "Glenn
                    Smith"

Hello All:

Does anyone happen to know what flavor of XML does Peoplesoft 8.0 use.

Glenn K. Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior EDI Systems Analyst
Re:SOURCES EDI Department