From: Bob Scheuermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: May 18, 2001 1:46:41 PM GMT
Subject: FTP and AS/400

I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my request for info on QRS.  As
usual, the comments were excellent.

Is anyone using FTP on their AS/400?  What security issues did you
encounter?  How did you connect the 400 to the internet and maintain
security?

My issues are this: my 400 is connected to my web proxy server with
firewalls(WinNT).  If I want to FTP my EDI files to a partner is it better
to send the files from the 400 to the server to the internet or directly
from the 400 to the internet?

I'm running Peregrine's eV5 and JDE WorldVision.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Scheuermann
EDI Manager
The Mentholatum Co., Inc.