I agree, it would be nice if those "out of office" message facilities could
be made smarter, but I would be happy if they just worked right all of the
time.  A couple of weeks ago I dialed in from my hotel room in Europe (at
~13kb) and found 300+ messages in my inbox.  Most of them were an "out of
office" message that got caught in a loop.  The "out of office" message to
the listserv address was received by the user's system, which interpreted it
as another message and sent the "out of office message" again in response.  I
don't know who or what finally killed this cycle, but by the time it was over
each message was around 200K.

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com