Brian,

You have a lot of company. I to am surprised that Wal-Mart didn't include their
"Facility Number" in a 850 REF segment for return on out bound documents.

Our solution was to include the "Facility Number" in the address setups of our
database. It will be then be available for reference for any outbound documents (BOL
and shipping labels).

Gary Duvall
SR Systems Analyst
Yamaha Information Systems Division
Phone: 714-522-9028
Fax: 714-522-9100

>>> "Test, Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/06/01 12:15PM >>>
Hi All,

I need your advice again.  We are in the process of defining our process of
being able to handle Wal-Mart's new PO requirements (and spending big dough
to boot).  So, I want to make sure that we do it right (preferably the first
time).

Here's the scoop.  Wal-Mart's new PO # in the BEG03 will still be 10 digits,
but will now be a sequential number.  What they need is for us to attach 14
other digits to the PO number and make it appear on their VICS BOL.  The PO
structure to appear on the BOL is as follows:

Facility Number (5 chars), PO Type (4 chars), Dept Number (5 chars), PO
Number (10 chars)

The PO Type, and Dept Number can be obtained from the REF segments.  While
the PO Number is from the BEG03.  However, the Facility Number is not on the
850 document for version 4030.  I'm Okay with version 4010 where they send a
Duns+4 in the N1 segment, and I can use the +4 and add a zero to the front
of it to create the correct Facility Number.

But, in 4030, Wal-Mart will be sending a GLN number where the digits do not
match up to their Facility Numbers.  How are you handling this issue?  I
wish that Wal-Mart would have considered adding another REF segment that
contained their Facility Number.  I think that would have made that a lot
easier for all of us.

I truly hope that my confusion and frustration is a part of something that I
may have missed in any communications with Wal-Mart.  I do have to say that
Wal-Mart tries hard to give us everything that we need to service them, but
between letters and speaking with Help Desk, I have been getting a lot of
conflicting information and advice.  I appreciate their efforts, but they
are making my life a little difficult these days.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Brian Test
E-Commerce Analyst

"WorldSecure" made the following
 annotations on 06/06/01 14:10:49

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This message was scanned with Network Associates Viper,
and no viruses were detected.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER
FN:Gary Duvall
TEL;WORK:714/522-9028
ORG:;0402-Information Systems
TEL;PREF;FAX:714/522-9100
EMAIL;WORK;PREF:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
N:Duvall;Gary
TITLE:Sr. Systems Analyst
END:VCARD

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER
FN:Gary Duvall
TEL;WORK:714/522-9028
ORG:Yamaha Corporation of America;0402-Information Systems
TEL;PREF;FAX:714/522-9100
EMAIL;WORK;PREF;smtp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
N:Duvall;Gary
TITLE:Sr. Systems Analyst
ADR;INTL;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL:;;6600 Orangethorpe Ave;Buena Park;CA;90620;USA
LABEL;INTL;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Gary Duvall=0A=
6600 Orangethorpe Ave=0A=
Buena Park, CA  90620=0A=
USA
LABEL;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Gary Duvall=0A=
6600 Orangethorpe Ave=0A=
Buena Park, CA  90620
TEL;PREF:714-522-9028
END:VCARD