Hi John,

I will say that I was originally against upgrading to ev5 based solely on
past experience.  When our company purchased Harbinger TLE 4.2 back in 1999,
we ended up having to shoehorn 4.1 since 4.2 was not ready in time for us to
implement and test for y2k.  Since we had to shoehorn 4.1, we had to create
our own version of research assistant, and we had several bugs to boot with
the system overall.  This was also my first week as being an EDI person.
Talk about baptism by fire.  It truly was a mess for 6 months, and I thought
that support was horrible. We did have a consultant from Harbinger at the
time, and he was great, but I do not know why we didn't have him around more
than we did.  Not sure if he was booked up or if we were too cheap to spend
the dough.

Now, our system is rock solid, and to continue to process EDI orders, we do
not have a 'Real' need to upgrade.  However, I feel a little more
comfortable in migrating since, in my opinion, Peregrine's support has much
improved.  Also, in reviewing some of the new mapping commands, and a few
other features, I'm looking forward to the new version.  However, I am still
a little apprehensive about the upgrade, and I'm in no mood for major
problems like before.

Good luck to all that are migrating.
Brian Test
E-Commerce Analyst