How can we convince accounting people that electronic payments through a VAN is just as secure as going through the ACH network set up by their bank.  They fear having a third party with access to their bank account number.  The contract with the VAN is not helpful.  It states, "For the purposes of operation and maintenance we may use, copy, display, store, and distribute internally your information. . . . . We do not guarantee that procedures will prevent....improper access to your information".  This looks to me like they are saying they aren't responsible if someone gives your bank account number out and empties your bank account.

    I am not sure that they will go along with the contention that businesses have been using this method for years and there hasn't been any business hurt by a fraud through improper access.  What has been the experience of others with Electronic Payments via EDI?

    R. Ray Schell, EDI Coordinator
    TAMKO Roofing Products, Inc.
    417 624-6644 Ext. 3360
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    The opinions expressed are those of the individual and not those of TAMKO Roofing Products, Inc.