Hi Linda,

Interconnects are done at the VAN level; You will need to know which VAN
your receiving party is using; Then contact your VAN and have them establish
an interconnect between them and your trading partner VAN.

Your trading partner as to agree and set it up on their end as well, since
there is a surcharge for each  interchange exchanged (sender_payer).

Be sure to ask your helpdesk VAN how you can track your documents (hint: ask
about interconnection mailbag numbers), what is their policy for rejected
documents, what is their retention period, resubmission policy, what gateway
will they be using to send and receive from the other VAN, and be sure to
have the OTHER's VAN helpdesk phone number.

Allow one more day in your planning to establish the interconnection, and
another day for network test/debuging.

Interconnect are usually a breeze, but somehow you always fall on the odd
ones...

Contact me if you need more help.

Gregory Jean-Baptiste
EDI coordinator