From: Paul Binder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 7:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Converting from One Van to Another

Bob

How long ALWAYS depends on your trading partners and how quickly they
can change their ID to point to your new VAN.  Then if your trading
partner is on another VAN it will depend on how long that VAN takes to
redirect your ID from your old VAN to the new VAN.  The process is
people intensive, lots of call, lots of follow-ups, lots of finding the
right person to talk to.  Most VANs will do the leg work for you and
some will actually do it for free but be careful because the VAN you
choose directly reflects on your company.  You should prepare a letter
on your letter head detailing the process and time frame then insure
that if you use a VAN to do the process that they use your letter.  YOU
are the customer YOU pay the bills, VANs provide service to you, they
need to represent YOU well.  I know that you asked about VANs the other
day, TranSettlements does a good job on these type projects.  I have had
less than favorable experiences with ICC and Kleinschmidt, unless you
are big !
GEIS and Sterling seem not to care.

Paul

--- Bob Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>Good Evening All,
>        I am looking at converting over to a different VAN. I am
wondering
>what the process is and how long it takes to convert. I am going from
>Harbinger to one of the following VAN: GEIS, TranSettlement, Sterling,
>Kleinschmidt, or ICC.Net. Any information on experiences in the recent
>months would be terrific. Thank you and have a wonderful evening.
>
>Robert Reed
>EDI Analyst
>Dallas, Texas.

<HR>
W3Source Technical Network.
Get a free email accout, learn flash, HTML, Web Design, programming, or
join our growing community.
<A HREF="http://www.w3source.net";>http://www.w3source.net</A><BR><BR>

If this message appears to be a spam email please forward it to <A
HREF="mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>