Jack,

Here are some resources.  Because you weren't very specific about the focus of your
research, I included a few different areas:

Standards - AS1, AS2, and MDN's are technical specs relating to transferring EDI data
over the Internet.  The technical specs can be found at ietf.org.  Look under working
groups, EDIINT.  FTP is also used to carry data over the internet.  I don't know where
to look for these standards.  The other issue would be the pros/cons of this transport
method for EDI data.  Check the archives of this list.  There is probably another
listserv devoted to FTP where you could get some information.

Business Issues (are companies doing EDI over the Internet, successes/failures, future
direction, etc.) - Electronic Commerce World magazine covers these issues, they also
have a website at ecomworld.com.  EAI magazines also cover some of these issues.  EAI
software and magazines are starting to touch on the enterprise-to-enterprise
integration area.  I subscribe to EAI Journal, which has covered some of this.  They
have a website at eaijournal.com.

Industry Issues and news:  Are you focusing on a specific industry?  (i.e. Retail,
Manufacturing, Insurance, Financial, Logistics, Customs declarations, Health Care,
Government, etc.)  Most industries have a magazine or website devoted to the
technology in their area.  You could also find high-level articles on this issue from
magazines/web sites that are geared towards executives in any industry.  Are you
focusing on US only, International (meaning less than global), or Global?  Many
industries have different initiatives throughout the world.

White papers:  Vendors of products in this arena typically have white papers on their
web sites.  I work for IPNet Solutions.  You can find our white papers at
www.ipnetsolutions.com.   Try looking at the websites for translation software vendors
and transaction management systems. (A list of some vendors that I am aware of is . .
. Sterling Commerce, GEIS/GxS, Peregrine, Perwill, TIE, WebMethods, Cyclone Commerce)

HTH

-Mary DeGroot