Paul:

All 3 major auto companies are doing something completely
different from each other.

While Ford and Chrysler both use X12, they're very different.
And GM uses UN/EDIFACT, just to be completely different.

Of the three, Chrysler is by far the hardest to comply with on
an on-going basis.  The information they provide is hard to
integrate with existing systems, and their time requirements
are difficult to meet.  It's almost impossible for a smaller
shop to meet their timetables on a regular basis.

I've worked with all the automotive companies for EDI at one
time or another, so if you have specific questions I can be of
assistance with, please e-mail me off-list and I'll be happy to
help.  Automotive EDI is my specialty.  That goes for you, too,
Gregory.

John Miller
Miller Associates
Data Integration Consultants