Sanjeev,

I have worked with both TLE and EDI/Open.  I think that I can safely say that
there is no similarity whatsoever between the two approaches.  Each has their
advantages and disadvantages.  EDI/Open is simpler but perhaps less flexible
than TLE.  It is also obsolete and will undoubtedly be unsupported soon.  TLE
lives on.

Art Douglas