How about comparing VAN vs VAP (Value added Internet Access Provider)?

Most VANs will become VAPs or at least provide Value added service over
Internet, if not access to internet. The assumption here is that "security"
over Internet is a non-issue. Most VANs even today provide same internet
type access to their network.

The cost "should" come down significantly plus you get all the advantages of
VAN. I "think" Transettlements provides such a service over Internet.

>The list goes on and it can be pretty easy to save 50%.

When comparing cost, the percentage saving in terms of total transaction
value should also be taken into account. We still like to courier a business
document (even demo CDs) even though the same can be sent by normal mail (at
more than 200% of cost!). This may not be a very good example but hopefully
thought provoking.

I do not forsee Value Added Sevice going away but I do forsee the same being
provided over Internet, without any loss to exisiting VANs, since they are
the one's who'll proivide this value addition.

Thank you,

Ajay

Ajay K Sanghi
Managing Director

ABO Software Private Limited
B102 Gulmohar Park, New Delhi 110049
Tel: +91 11 6968976, 6512822 Fax: 6518873
Website: http://www.abosoftware.com
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]