Whether it's Rosettanet or ebXML, in my opinion they are doing too many
things at the same time under one banner. Business Process, Messaging
Protocol, Data Format, Security etc; are in my opinion  different things and
should be developed independent of each other.

Remember OO (object oriented). When we design data storage (be it database,
our proprietary file storage format or any other), we abstract it's
retrieval and storage from the client application so that if tomorrow a new
data storage format is desired, then the client application is not changed.
Abstraction is the key to Design Patterns and we must learn from it's
success. Why can't the same principal be applied to Business Processes too.

Tightly coupling business process to data format in my opinion is a bit
ambitious. I would have liked to see ebXML business process not use the term
XML at all and preferably be a different initiative. How does it matter if
we used EDI for ebXML/Rosettanet business process or even proprietary data
format or DCOM! That's an implementation issue of the lower layer.

On account of this tight coupling, we may actually end up loosing some of
the good stuff developed in such initiatives because if the "whole" is not
accepted, the "part" will also get automatically rejected.

Just some thoughts,

Thanks,

Ajay

Ajay K Sanghi
Managing Director

ABO Software Private Limited
B102 Gulmohar Park, New Delhi 110049
Tel: +91 11 6968976, 6512822 Fax: 6518873
Website: http://www.abosoftware.com
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]