From: Kokomo EDI [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 10:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Being Politically Correct???

Roy,

There is a small difference between "update" and "replace" that often
gets overlooked.  If you receive a replace that does not have all the
items that were on the schedule you already have, those items are not
changed - you still need to meet those schedules.  If you receive an
"update" and it does not show all the previously received scheduled
items, you should delete those items and not ship them.  The big guys
try to save some money by not having to send data they do not need to,
so they only send what is to be replaced.  Now, this is not to say that
the codes are used correctly or that the trading partner follows this
logic.  I've seen them used incorrectly so many times I always try to
check anyway - the old pound of prevention thing.  As for why this
particular customer has elected to go this way, as my management at my
former employer would say "We're the customer and they have to do what
we say."  That's part of the reason I'm not there today.

Hope this helps.

Bruce D. Wolfe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kokomo EDI