Greetings all,
I was hoping someone could help me out.

We're building a process to load 214 status messages from carriers. The
problem (well, one of the problems) we are having is that it is very
difficult to uniquely identify each status message. I'm wondering how you've
done it.

For example:

I contract with a carrier to deliver my freight across the country. It's a 5
day trip. The carrier sends me at least one 214 each day. I want to link the
214 to the 856 and the original 850.

What have you used as the primary key on the 214 to uniquely identify it?
They all have the same BOL, the same tracking number, the same PO, etc. The
date might change, but I could get two or more on the same day, with the
same status message. The envelope control numbers are unique, but my
database guys don't want to use it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kirk Kenneway.