I have the similar case. My Customers send both firm and forecast in the 830. We
ask them to use 862 for the firm. But most of them Use 830 only. On the firm
they would send the PO Number. I map conditionally the Firm to go into  Inbound
PO Interface and the forecast to the forecast interface files. The Firm is used
to create the sales order in my system. I don't need a blanket PO Because My
Customers gives me 4 days to send the shipments and my sales order can have
multiple PO's.  The Industry Group I work is In AIAG  and some of my customers
are moving towards splitting the firm into 862.

Regards
Kiran Dunthuluri
EDI Analyst

"Hurd, Richard A (Richard)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/31/2001 09:30:27 AM

Please respond to "Hurd, Richard A (Richard)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>