Title: Need info on Translator

David,

I most certainly agree with your assessment and your comments.  I further realize that there is no “silver bullet” approach to solving this issue.  My point here is that the XML side uses this issue as a club to beat EDI over the head and say that they have an advantage because we can avoid communications costs.  EDI can be accomplished in the same manner as passing an XML formatted file to a target server.  Conceptually, the file format isn’t going to make a hugh difference.  You just need the interface ability to move the files into the translator inbound directory and low and behold, you have EDI processing in the same manner as that of XML and the associated savings with communications costs.

I just want people to know that the argument is based in a false assumption not actual fact.  It might not be the sexiest thing, but then eloquent solutions usually aren’t.

Mark F. Kusiak

Western Digital EDI

Personal Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phone:  (949) 672-7858