It's been awhile since I worked with Oracle's EC Gateway but
I recollect the Gateway trading partner setup must include a
transaction set record for each N104 ship-to address under that
trading partner.
This means there needs to be a record in Oracle specifying the
value in the N104.

for the inbound p.o., on record 1190 position 20 the ship to
site internal, what if any EDI element are you using?

>I have tried using the N104; however, I keep getting the error
trading partner address not found when I try to do an import
in the Oracle EDI gateway.  I can get my EDI file through the
gateway if I hard code the ship_addr_id in record 1190 position
20, but thought this should work with the N104.