From: Mary Scanlan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 1:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Fwd: Response to Air Travel]

Lee
You are absolutely correct. I recently took a trip to the Detroit area
airport. I was elated when the security people didn't make me take my
laptop and carryon out of the metal cart they were strapped into and let
them just go through the x-ray machine intact. I also noticed they barely
paid attention to the bags as they went through the x-ray machine. I guess,
we as passengers are part of the problem if we resent the security measures
put in place for our protection and don't complain if they are not followed
properly.
Next week I'm headed to SanDiego and they better look my bags over real
well. Only then, will I be sure that all bags are being properly inspected.
Guess it's worth getting to the airport a little earlier to be sure you get
to your destination safely.
Mary Scanlan