This is a message from the list owner.

I'm stuck overseas and haven't been following the list.  I understand
from numerous complaints that the list has gone seriously off topic.  I
will try to get caught up on the list traffic, though I'm at the end of
a slow phone line in Asia.

Here is my policy:  I will turn off the ability of individuals to send
mail to the list without additional warning if, in my opinion, the
content of any of their notes is or has been inappropriate.

I have no patience for this.  In all the years of this list's existence
I have not had to take such an action.  I will say one more thing.  If
the list can't be controlled easily, I will discontinue it.
  Rich