> Looks like a slow day today on the list so I'll throw out a question.
> Basically fishing for 'What have you done' integration scenarios.
>
> I was reading over an 832 spec from Honda, and ran across a 'operation/use'
> clause suggesting that the supplier integrate the 832 with their accounts
> receivable to validate proper pricing on payments.  Other than the obvious
> rip-n-read scenario (retrieve it, translate it,and deliver to A/R personnel
> via email or papercopy) how have others 'integrated' 832 pricing info with
> the business system ?

I've bee working with EDI for twenty+ years, nearly all of that in maufacturing and 
distribution... and I have never seen '832'
integrated into A/R or A/P. Only thing I've ever seen integrated into A/P other than 
invoices are PO's and  ASNs...

All I've ever seen with 832 is integration into inventory, updating "vendor X's price 
on item # 123"  (different formats depending
on ERP system, but this is what they all reduced to). This price might find its way 
onto a purchase order, but it's the PO which was
used for comparison to the asn and/or invoice, not the price list.

Michael Mattias
Tal Systems, Inc.
Racine WI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]




------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, 
<LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to