I have a question about the structure of outgoing 997s.

I am receiving both 850s and 860s with the same ISA/GS IDs, but different 
control numbers, of couse.
When I generate the outgoing 997, I send a single ISA/GS envelope with 2 ST/SE 
groups.  The 1st ST/SE is for the 850 acks and the 2nd is for the 860s.

This has been running for years without problems...  until now.
JCP is complaining that they are not getting the 2nd set of Acks (for the 
860s).

I have 3 solutions:

1) tell them to fix their translator ;-)
2) create a new ISA/GS envelope for each incoming document.
3) use a single ST/SE for all documents, since each AK1 indicates the GS being 
acked.

Comments anyone?


ISA
  GS FA

    ST 997 0452
      AK1 PO 200001364
        AK2 850 300226225
                lots of stuff left out...
        AK5
      AK9 A 888 888 888
    SE 1780 0452

    ST 997 0453
      AK1 PO 200000045
        AK2 860 300000086
                stuff left out...
        AK5
      AK9 A 4 4 4
    SE 12 0453

  GE 2 576
IEA 1

Earl Wertheimer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.spe-edi.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, 
<LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to