Rich "I Ride The Big Iron" Hurd sez:

   Our "UML core-componentized ISO 11179 XML based e-business
   standards" (yes, we have them too) have gone toes-up about
   once a month for the past year.  Various and sundry known
   and unknown issues, with various and sundry root causes.

The only ebxml core componentized ISO 11179 compliant messages I know
about are those provided by UBL.  UBL was only released (as a final
version) last November.  Johnson & Johnson surely hasn't implemented UBL
for the past year, has it?  Or are you just throwing around buzzwords,
as I've been known to do in the past?  In this case, I very specifically
meant to differentiate UBL from OAGIS, CICA, Rosettanet and all the
others with  the very precise "core-componentized ISO 11179 compliant" -
it wasn't just blather in this case!

Rich, are you at liberty to explain more about the XML business messages
(including the standard and message types)  your company uses - whether
UBL or otherwise?  And by "XML business messages," I mean open
standards-based interoperable *inter-company* messages (i.e., no need or
desire to discuss proprietary intra-company formats or EAI technologies
which are out of scope for this list anyway).

William J. Kammerer
Novannet
Columbus, OH 43221-3859 . USA
+1 (614) 487-0320

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "EDI-L Mailing List" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, 28 January, 2005 09:55 AM
Subject: [EDI-L] OT: What's wrong with 'frames??


Our "UML core-componentized ISO 11179 XML based e-business standards"
(yes, we have them too) have gone toes-up about once a month for the
past year. Various and sundry known and unknown issues, with various and
sundry root causes.

Meanwhile, the mainframe systems just kind of grind away, delivering
value (see http://tinyurl.com/4jlg9) and keeping the lights on while
these young guys and gals "gussy up" their systems and play in their
sandboxes. Sandboxes are for children.

...
Rich "I Ride The Big Iron" Hurd
Never trust a computer you can lift.



.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to