Here is a recent white paper where an independent Net weaver 
consultant with an engineer from Daimler Chrysler reviewed the 
various EAI / B2B solutions in the market when integrating with SAP.

<http://www.saptips.com/searchSAP.asp>http://www.saptips.com/searchSAP.asp



At 12:22 AM 8/10/2005, Hurd, Richard [SLCUS] wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>We're currently running Gentran:Basic on Z/OS but with our inexorable
>corporate grinding to SAP across multiple franchises, I think that we'll be
>moving to a unix platform for pretty much everything.  It won't happen
>tomorrow, but if I were a betting man, that is where I'd put my money.
>
>We also run webMethods (on unix) as a corporate middleware layer.  There are
>some people who think that we should use the EDI capabilities of webMethods
>for our translator at some point in the future.  I am not numbered among
>these people.
>
>We have a current semi-urgent need to move our communications to
>Connect:Enterprise Unix or some variant thereof.  Sterling was in recently,
>and pitched this -- as well as GIS.  I was part of this meeting and was
>frankly (and pleasantly) surprised at the amount of interest I saw around
>GIS.
>
>I am now working with this team on presenting a cogent argument for moving
>our translator platform from Gentran:Basic to GIS.   I need facts and
>opinions.  I need war stories.  I would LIKE to hear tales that GIS is
>great, that it runs rings around webMethods, that it's relatively painless
>to migrate from G:B to GIS (well, okay; I've seen a Gentran:Basic map and I
>know that this isn't really true.)    But I've only heard marketing and
>sales engineer stuff.  How horrible is it, really?  Has anyone done it?
>
>I could say that I simply want to stop beating the "AS2/Drummond/waah waah
>waah certification waah waah waah" horse, and that would only be partly true
>-- but this is a looming need and a legitimate question.
>
>webMethods fans/foes/freaks, and GIS fans/foes/freaks, do your stuff.  Let
>me know what we're in for.
>
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
><font face=arial size=-1><a 
>href="<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12ht2ed84/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705005582:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123608308/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org>http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12ht2ed84/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705005582:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123608308/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org";>Get
> 
>Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life 
>- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------~->
>
>.
>Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: 
><SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
>Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

-- 
¦¹¹q¤l¶l¥ó¤º®e¤w¸g¸g¥Ñ¨t²Î¦w¥þ±½´y.¥B³Qµø¬°¬OµL¬rªº.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
<font face=arial size=-1><a 
href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hc5pks8/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705005582:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123697559/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life 
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to