Leena > I have a question about: > > 1) interchange control no > 2) group control no > 3) transaction control no > > My implementation guideline says these control no's are supposed to be > generated the sender. What's the best way to generate these and do they > relate to each other in anyway?
The control numbers are used to prevent or track missing transmissions. The best place to generate them would be the system that is actually generating & sending them. You could check them upon receipt, but there are too many reasons why some numbers could be missing - testing, retransmissions, etc.. I've never seen the ISA with multiple GS sections, so those control numbers could be the same (or similar). I've seen the same number with different prefixes. This gets complicated when there are different GS IDs, but the same ISA IDs, which is common with companies with multiple divisions. The ST control can be consecutive (like the ISA & GS) or start at 1 for each envelope. I've seem both. Earl Wertheimer [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.spe-edi.com ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Most low income households are not online. Help bridge the digital divide today! http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/OIFolB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> . Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Access the list online at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
