(laugh) You saw me palm that card.   Yes, it is 2% by count.

I guess I should go back and look at the transaction volumes.  However, we
have many platinum customers who  adamantly refuse to move to AS2. 

I am all of a sudden interested in our AS2 volume.  I will look into this
metric and get back to the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Earl Wertheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:25 PM
To: Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Translation over the Web


Richard

> >VANS continue to shrink because they are over-priced and AS2 / EDIINT
> >(Direct Internet Connection) are winning. EDI X12 the standard continues
to
> >grow particularly in the health care and retail industries.
> 
> Cite, please?  Them's fightin' words.
> 
> Why do fewer than 2% of our (retail) trading partners use EDIINT and the
> rest use a VAN, I wonder?

2% by number or 2% by volume ?

I think that the higher volume partners would be more interested in
switching 
to a cheaper solution.

The cost of VANs is offset by the cost of setting up & maintaining an AS2 
connection.  We've already seen people here who cannot justify the cost of 
additional AS2 licenses ;-(

Earl Wertheimer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.spe-edi.com



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Most low income households are not online. Help bridge the digital divide today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to