Would that I could talk our Networking and Computing Services people into
accepting this argument.  I'm having to move off of a bisync line for our
Sterling connection for just this reason:  "Bisync is old and dead."   They
keep throwing in my face the fact that they had to buy parts for the last
3745 off of eBay.

So we'll be moving to some IP-based new connectivity as soon as they make up
their minds as to what we will be using.  I'm not holding my breath.
Meantime, my bisync line keeps on running and running and running...  


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Carl Galgano
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:48 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [EDI-L] Advantis (GXS) bisync dialup


Please no responses that bisync is old, slow and dead.  I already know that.
Back in Nov when I was in the process of moving some customers to an IP
based comm solution, GXS told me the deadline to turn off async, bisync and
SNA connections had been extended to July 1.  So I just back burnered the
project to move some other things up in the priority queue.

Today I read the bulletin on GXS website (link below), and the bulletin
makes no mention of bisync being cut off.  One GXS rep I spoke with a while
back told me they were looking at supporting a bisync gateway.  Anyone know
what the status of this is.

https://www.gxsolc.com/public/EDI/us/support/TB/tb0403.html

My customers generally say, "if it aint broke, I don't want to spend money
to make it use a new technology".  I can understand because there is
generally NO payback for the investment.  My clients don't really care if
the connection is dial up bisync or secure socket over the internet.  They
just care that it works and is reliable, and bisync has been both.

Regards,
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
770-422-2995
www.ediconsulting.com
 
600 Kennesaw Avenue
Suite 400 
Marietta, GA  30060



.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix:
<SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to