I am following the Philips Contact thread with interest, as I can relate. Other than the fact that I sort of have to be available for the readership and am therefore vulnerable to all sorts of spam, I could very well see myself being in the same boat of not wanting to be found.
Got me to thinking that perhaps a (sort of imperfect) solution could be that people who wish to find other people can make sort of a "Lonely Hearts" post: e.g. ===================== to: List From: Me subj: Want to reach EDI manager for XYZ I would like to contact the manager of XYZ to discuss [a trading partnership that needs to be set up|upgrades to his EDI software|opportunities at his firm|the price of beans in Istanbul.] thank you, Me ===================== Then anyone who knows the EDI manager for XYZ can forward this along and the initial contact has been made with no confidences divulged. Of course, it might not work for confidential matters, but it is a useful way of using a flapper or gatekeeper to pass information to a third party. Just a musing on a Wednesday morning. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] . Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Access the list online at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
