Yeah, people have told me about XI.  I have added that to the list of
possibilities. 

This thing is gaining legs, and we should be in good shape without my
actually having to deal with Gentran:Basic for much longer.  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward J. Kelly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 3:27 PM
To: Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]
Cc: '[email protected]'
Subject: Re: [EDI-L] [Tech] Making a non-standard "standard"


Rich - did you think of this one? if you follow the SAP way then you should
be looking at SAP XI....so to complicate things a little,
in a nutshell, its' not EDI to IDOC it now becomes EDI to XML to IDOC




                                                                           
                         "Hurd,                                            
                         Richard                                           
                         [SLCUS]"                                       To 
                         <rhurd3@         "'[email protected]'"        
                         CSCUS.JN         <[email protected]>          
                         J.com>                                         cc 
                         Sent by:                                          
                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  
Subject 
                         hoogroup         [EDI-L] [Tech] Making a          
                         s.com            non-standard "standard"          
                                                                           
                                                                           
                         04/20/20                                          
                         06 12:58                                          
                         PM                                                
                                                                           




Subtitled:  "How to live happily with SAP using Gentran:Basic"

Hi,

We're using the Gentran:Basic mainframe product (for the nonce; plans are
to
change it but you know how that goes - those wheels grind ever so slowly.)

In the meantime, we are also staring an SAP conversion in the face.    I'm
trying to think of a way we can NOT go in and make all the application
sides
of our maps (about 500+ maps) into IDOCs.

Now, I know that Gentran:Basic really can't create app-to-app maps, but I
was thinking that I could create a "standard" that would look suspiciously
like an IDOC - and then I said to myself, "Self," I said, "If I had this
thought, maybe others would have had it as well."

Has anyone done this?   Am I wasting my time?  Yes, I know that there are
other ways to do this, and I think I've examined most of them, and this
seems to be the most painless way to make it happen.   If I'm wrong, talk
me
out of it and tell me what you think I should do.

We're about 2 years out, so I have some time.  But the sooner we pick a
direction, the sooner we can plan and execute the plan.

Rich Hurd
Senior Analyst, Business Application Management
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies
North American Consumer IM
908-874-1523



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



.
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix:
<SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L

Yahoo! Groups Links









[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to