Well said. On a lighter note, I didn't receive notification of the GXS failure or it's ultimate restoration, but I did get THREE COPIES OF THE SAME GXS SPAM today for their *awesome* trading grid platform. WooHOO!!!
Travis- -----Original Message----- From: Hurd, Richard [SLCUS] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:43 AM To: [email protected] Subject: [EDI-L] GXS, professionalism and zealotry I understand some people's animus towards GXS and I can also appreciate that it can manifest itself in speech that is, to put it delicately, indelicate. I also believe that most of the people on this list are professionals; e.g., they do get paid for what they produce that happens to intersect this space. I also believe that many people on this list are reading from their work email account, which may or may not be more tolerant of indelicate speech than a public access port like Yahoo or Gmail. When you put all three of the above observations into a pot and mix them together, you have subscribers who are feeling uncomfortable with some of the language that has been used to express obvious frustration with the operations of GXS. I'm just sayin'. Rich Hurd IM Technology Lead, SAP (Mercury) Integration Development Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies North American Consumer IM 908-874-1523 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. Yahoo! Groups Links ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
