Art,
Thank you for the quick reply.

ISA12 = "00403" ... You have a good memory (we are MOVING to TLE).  We still 
use EDIOPEN and I found a way to accommodate their request by overriding the 
standard ISA envelope in the map itself.  It just does not make any sense to 
me.  It looks like you found the same definition I did and no matter how many 
times I read it, it still implies to me that this value should not be affected 
by actual payload data (e.g. IT1:06 = "UP").  It should not hit IT1:06 and 
think the "U" is this delimiter.

Also note that this customer is using a 3rd party to test the document upgrade 
and that we are one of the first to transition.  This is another reason I'd 
like to clarify this point.  It may save others some pain...


Steve Moses
Systems Analyst
Iomega Corporation
(303) 681-2593
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: Art Douglas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:24 PM
To: Steve Moses; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Question regarding EDI-810 version 4030 ISA envelope

Steve,

What is the value in ISA12?  Newer versions replace ISA11 Interchange Control 
Standards Identifier with ISA11 Repetition Separator. Here is what
X12 says about it: Type is not applicable; the repetition separator is a 
delimiter and not a data element; this field provides the delimiter used to 
separate repeated occurrences of a simple data element or a composite data 
structure; this value must be different than the data element separator, 
component element separator, and the segment terminator TYPE= MIN=1 MAX= 1

If I remember right, you use TLE.  You should be able to select a different 
envelope to get this puppy to work.  You may have to call Inovis if you don't 
have the later version envelope map.

Art Douglas
Lead Consultant
Blackwater Network
877-464-8915

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of spmoses2000
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:48 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [EDI-L] Question regarding EDI-810 version 4030 ISA envelope

Greetings all,
I am working with a trading partner that is upgrading their 3020 spec to vers 
4030.  The following document is failing on their end due to the fact that it 
is coming upon the IT1:06 UPC indicator "UP" and because the ISA11 value is 
"U".  It was my understanding that "U"
indicated the ANSI X.12 standard and that although it must be different than an 
terminator, it does NOT need to differ from the actual payload characters.  I 
googled for have indicated that the ISA11 value must differ from not only the 
terminators but also never be in the payload.  To other 810's and every one 
that I have seen uses ISA11 = "U".  They pass the test, I ended up hard coding 
a "|" (piping) char for ISA11 but it still seems odd.

Can I get some insight from the group ?

ST*810*0005
BIG*20070830*2429055**TDBMXD
N1*ST**92*87
ITD*******60
IT1**92*EA*203.97**UP*742709337482*VN*33748
TDS*1876524
CTT*1
SE*8*0005

thank you,
Steve :-)




...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix:
<SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.
Yahoo! Groups Links







...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to