Tom, For the outbound there has to be 1 ISA per TP (sender/receiver), 1 GS per TP (sender/receiver/group) and 1 ST per TP (sender/receiver/transaction). These have to be linked together in that the ST references the GS that references the ISA. The linkage allow different/multiple sender/received ID's (divisions) at the ST/GS levels linked to 1 ISA. Remember to create the GS and ST for the 997 transactions. For inbound the ISA and GS can be wild carded and then create 1 ST per TP (sender/receiver/transaction). The deenvelope process with load the ISA/GS information into process data. Cheers,
--- On Mon, 1/19/09, Tom <[email protected]> wrote: From: Tom <[email protected]> Subject: [EDI-L] Reducing GIS 4.3 Envelopes Question? To: [email protected] Date: Monday, January 19, 2009, 7:46 PM Hello all, I have a question about the envelope function using the BPs. Some background.. . we have over 200 TPs and they all use our FTP site to pick up files or we use the FTP to stage a push/pull to our VAN every 30 minutes. We have 3 different TP Ids ourselves so that is sort of 600 unique envelopes for them. Now we have upto 7 doc types per TP that are for inbound/outbound. We are putting in a fresh GIS system now so I was looking at this.. that is 4200 envelopes for this setup because Gentran says that is the way it works. That seems insane to me coming from Invois where you can wildcard it or pass the envelope information from start to end. I have figure out how to make the extract folder change per sender/receive combo and I figure a way to specify/change the maps without hard coding it to a envelope if of course I have a generic envelope. I am new to GIS but not EDI... looking for the bread crumb to eat and turn it into a meal. We have flat files and X12 formats as inbounds but only X12 formats are outbounds. The inbound X12 are batched.. more then one ISA per file. I have started these envelopes.. TW_IBV_V1_ISA My initials_inbound from vendor 1_ISA element. I should be able to put a * for the TPids so new process is TW_IBV_ISA TW_IBV_V1_GS My initials_inbound from vendor 1_GS element. I should be able to put a * for the TPids so new process is TW_IBV_GS TW_IBV_V1_ST My initials_inbound from vendor 1_ST element. I should be able to put a * for the TPids so new process is TW_IBV_ST TW_OBS_V1_ST My initials_outbound to our ERP_for Vendor 1_ST element. (need wildcard settings & what assigns to do to drop the _V1 version) TW_OBS_V1_855_ ST My initials_outbound to our ERP_for Vendor 1_855 doctype_ST element. (need wildcard settings & what assigns to do to drop the _V1 version) TW_OBS_V1_GS new envelope back out (need wildcard settings & what assigns to do to drop the _V1 version) TW_OBS_V1_ISA new envelope back out (need wildcard settings & what assigns to do to drop the _V1 version) TW_OBS_V2_ST My initials_outbound to our ERP_for Vendor 2_ST element. (need wildcard settings & what assigns to do to drop the _V2 version) (V1 and V2 version will be the same) TW_OBS_V2_855_ ST My initials_outbound to our ERP_for Vendor 2_855 doctype_ST element. (need wildcard settings & what assigns to do to drop the _V2 version) (V1 and V2 version will be the same) TW_OBS_V2_GS new envelope back out (need wildcard settings & what assigns to do to drop the _V2 version) (V1 and V2 version will be the same) TW_OBS_V2_ISA new envelope back out (need wildcard settings & what assigns to do to drop the _V2 version) (V1 and V2 version will be the same) I want to get rid of all the _V? envelope profiles and assign any parms needed from the envelope information I got from the inbound profile doc information I ran into process data. I am only using the basic... EDIdeenvelope and EDIEnvelop BPs Any ideas to try even I will settle on. What ever works I will repost back here. Thanks, Tom [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ------------------------------------ ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[email protected] mailto:[email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
