Smantha, You should begin by installing SFU Windows "Services for Unix":
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=896c9688-601b-4 4f1-81a4-02878ff11778&displaylang=en We had to do this to port over a legacy mapping program from a Unix box to our Windows platform. Matt ________________________________ Matthew Brown eBusiness Analyst eBusiness Standards & Practices EasyLink Services International Corporation www.easylink.com [email protected] Direct: 732-658-5419 Fax: 212-999-7375 -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Samantha Scott Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:37 AM To: edi list Subject: [EDI-L] GIS question - unix commands from a windows server? I am hoping someone here can help me with this problem. I need to replace some functionality in our warehouse system, a unix script running in cron that picks up files from our warehouse system and delivers them to a place where the EDI system can get them. This was from back when my company used AI. GIS can go directly to the warehouse file system using FTP and get the file. I have no problem there. There are two commands executed by the script when delivering inbound data though that I do not know how to emulate with GIS chmod 777 /pkms/pkmsdta/inbound1/$DATE754 chgrp pkms /pkms/pkmsdta/inbound1/$DATE754 It changes the permissions and group ownership of the file to the warehouse system after it delivers it. I haven't the faintest idea how to do this. Is there a way to do it in a bp? Is this something I can specify in the FTP as it is being delivered? Alternately I know I can execute a shell script in GIS much the way I execute vb scripts but since our GIS app runs on a windows server I don't know where that script needs to live. My vb scripts live on the app server and are executed from a bat file called by the CL2 service. I'm pretty sure the shell script needs to live and execute on a unix server. Any guidance is most welcome [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ------------------------------------ ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links ------------------------------------ ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
