Paul, I have to agree, I was stunned when I found out. No UCC for automotive, though. And actually, humans count better than computers. I'm pretty sure she saved the ISA/GS/ST and used them over and over, probably much of the rest of the data, too, just editing here and there once she got through testing. It was a small supplier, not many parts. But, still!
Leah ________________________________ From: Paul McTeigue <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Thu, March 3, 2011 7:04:21 PM Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Re: <SALES> EDI Monitoring Service Amazing. That ISA segment alone is a bear – gotta count those keystrokes. (That’s why I always dropped down to the command line and used “Edit” – it has a column indicator!). And what about a shipment with tare levels – the mind boggles. UCC-128 check digits on-the-fly? That’s some serious notepadding. Did I mention keeping track of line items for CTT counts? Give that lady a gold star! Cheers, Paul From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Leah Halpin Sent: March 3, 2011 6:21 PM To: Chris Johnson; [email protected] Subject: Re: [EDI-L] Re: <SALES> EDI Monitoring Service No template. Typed using fingers on keyboard, into notepad, free utility that comes with windows OS. Seriously. Not lying. Leah ________________________________ From: Chris Johnson <[email protected] <mailto:chrisj%40edimatrix.demon.co.uk> > To: [email protected] <mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thu, March 3, 2011 6:06:32 PM Subject: Re: [EDI-L] Re: <SALES> EDI Monitoring Service Quoted text is from <E4E4392C924644BBB6D98FAD01582BCC@winmac>, by Jason McMahon <[email protected] <mailto:gutausse%40cinci.rr.com> > >I'd love to know what she used to fill in the field values, and what >kind of >template did she use for the ASN segments. That jogged a memory. I once did a template for a re-formatter which generated a Tradacoms EDI order directly as a demonstration tool for a university. I guess a purely manual one would look rather similar, and the user, rather than the program, would substitute data for the %symbols. Regards Chris !SECTION 1 %EOF1 STX=ANAA:1+%Sender_No:%Sender_Name+%Recip_No:%Recip_Name+%date:%time+%icr f++ORDHDR' MHD=1+ORDHDR:9' TYP=0430+NEW-ORDERS' SDT=%Recip_No+%Recip_Name' CDT=%Sender_No+%Sender_Name++220430231' FIL=%fudge+1+%date' MTR=6' !SECTION 2 %EOF2 MHD=2+ORDERS:9' CLO=:%Company_No+%Dlv_Name+%Dlv_Addr1:%Dlv_Addr2:%Dlv_Addr3:%Dlv_Addr4' ORD=%PO_Number::%edidate' DIN=%edidate+++:::' !SECTION 3 %PO_Number==%Order_Key !SET %olines=%Line_No OLD=%Line_No+%Suppl_Part_No++:%Stock_No+1+%Order_Quantity+%Price_Each+++% Description+' !END 3 OTR=%olines' !SET %segcount=%olines !MATHS /F="%.0f" %segcount+6 MTR=%segcount' !END 2 MHD=3+ORDTLR:9' OFT=1' MTR=3' MHD=4+RSGRSG:2' RSG=%icrf+%Recip_No' MTR=3' END=%msgcount' !END 1 !EXIT 0 -- Chris Johnson mobile:+44 (0)7785 302122 Fax: +44 (0)870 0519 818 EDI website http://www.edimatrix.co.uk EDIMatrix Ltd work: 0845 126 0680 or +44 20 8778 1402 Registered in UK no. 2777624 Reg.Office: 34 Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5QF [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ------------------------------------ ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
