On 18 August 2015 at 14:12, Leif Lindholm <leif.lindh...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 01:15:54PM +0200, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
>> On 12 August 2015 at 08:45, Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@linaro.org> wrote:
>> > Instead of omitting some drivers that are known to break the Foundation
>> > model when ARM_FOUNDATION_FVP is defined, fix those drivers so that they
>> > simply fail to load without interfering with the boot.
>> >
>> > This way, we can use the same boot image for both models.
>> >

>> Ping?
>
> Basicallt looks good to me, but I thought I'd wait for Ryan to comment
> (and he's on holiday through this week).
>
> Just to confirm - the Mmio probes just return zeroes in the Foundation
> model, rather than aborting?

Foundation model output:

WARNING: Attempted to access VE CS3 space: Read 1 bytes from 0x1c050fe0.
WARNING: Attempted to access VE CS3 space: Read 1 bytes from 0x1c1f0fe0.

Note sure what these reads return, but in each case, the first byte
already differs from the expected value so the init aborts.

I know that this would still be sufficient to blow up on a real
system, but thankfully the model does not model /that/ :-)