On 6 November 2015 at 21:32, Vladimir Olovyannikov
<volov...@broadcom.com> wrote:
> Hello Ard, Eugene,
> Thank you for explanation.
>
> Ard, I tried the patch, but it cannot be applied to the latest (pulled a
> minute ago, git-svn-id: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2@18732
> 6f19259b-4bc3-4df7-8a09-765794883524)
> tree: all 3 hunks failed. Which commit should I be based on to apply the
> patch?
>
> Anyway I found the lines manually and changed them. However, when I try to
>
> source /uefi/ArmPlatformPkg/Scripts/Ds5/cmd_load_symbols.py -f
> (0x85000000,0x00280000) -m (0x80000000,0x40000000) -a
> I am getting
>
> ERROR(?): ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
>   File " /uefi/ArmPlatformPkg/Scripts/Ds5/cmd_load_symbols.py", line 94, in
> <module>
>     armplatform_debugger.load_all_symbols()
> ERROR(CMD656):
> # in /uefi/BroadcomPlatformPkg/NS2Pkg/Scripts/armpkg_syms.ds:2 while
> executing: source /uefi/ArmPlatformPkg/Scripts/Ds5/cmd_load_symbols.py -f
> (0x85000000,0x00280000) -m (0x80000000,0x40000000) -a
> ! The script /uefi/ArmPlatformPkg/Scripts/Ds5/cmd_load_symbols.py failed to
> complete due to an error during execution of the script
>
> Replacing the script with the older version makes it work as before, but
> again the debugger is useless.
>
> Any idea what is wrong?

No, not a clue. But could you please share the diff between the
version of the script that works for you and the version that doesn't?
I don't think the patch I sent could trigger the error you are seeing,
so it must be something else that changed.

> Eugene, so you do not use the so convenient cmd_load_symbols.py script to
> load all symbols?
> I dumped efi and dll as you suggested. The .text and .data sections in
> PE-COFF and ELF match 1:1 for me. Still the debugger is useless as it points
> to non-relevant code.

Indeed, this is expected. The PE/COFF and ELF versions of the binary
should look entirely the same, it's only the DS-5 scripts that needs
to have the hack removed to deal with the difference.

--
Ard.