I've been troubleshooting a problem recently on AMI-based systems where they won't allocate more than about 2GB memory using AllocatePool and AllocatePages(AllocateAnyAddress, ...) functions. I've just written a page about it (https://edk2.bluestop.org/w/allocatingmemoryabove2gb/) and was wondering if anyone else had come across it, and perhaps knew if there's a better workaround/fix than using AllocatePages(AllocateAddress, ...) after doing a lookup in the memory map?

The worst thing about it is that I appear to have broken 2 ASUS Z170 motherboards from running into this problem!

--
Bruce