David,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Today the git dev process requires a rebase.
Given that this operation is transferring content from one community
maintained feature branch in edk2-staging into edk2/master, I agree the
option to use 'git pull' should be available.  Not sure it should be
required in all cases.  I would prefer let the feature owner(s) decide
which method makes the most sense.

Does anyone have any objections to supporting either the current
rebase work flow or a 'git pull' work flow in step (6)?

I think there are several methods we can support for development.

1) Simple bug fixes/features sent directly to edk2-devel for PRs.
2) A larger or more complex bug fix/feature can optionally post a link
   to a branch on personal github fork to help simplify the review process
   for those reviewers that prefer to use that method.  This type of bug
   fix or feature is usually owned by a single subject matter expert.
3) A larger or more complex feature that requires design/dev/test by more
   than one subject matter expert.

We already support (1) and (2) today.  Feature branches on edk2-staging are
intended for (3).

I can think of a couple ways we end up in (3). The first is a feature we know
requires multiple subject matter experts and the request is made to add
to edk2-staging from the beginning.  The second is a PR that is sent to
edk2-devel, and the community believes it needs more design/dev/test work
that requires cooperation of multiple subject matter experts and the PR
is re-directed to a feature branch in edk2-staging.

Thanks,

Mike