On 03/16/16 01:55, Ni, Ruiyu wrote:

> Regards,
> Ray

Your binary works for me (it boots to the UEFI shell) on KVM.

As far as I understand, for the host kernel (= KVM), the requirement is
Linux 4.4 or later.

I'm not using an upstream host kernel; at the moment I'm using one of
Paolo's RHEL-7 backport kernels. So, my testing didn't repeat that part
of your setup.

I can see from your earlier email that you upgraded your host kernel to
4.4.1 and you rebooted your PC with it. Is this an upstream kernel that
you built, or is it packaged by Ubuntu?

As far as I can see, the latest release for Ubuntu 14.04 is 14.04.4. By
default it comes with a 4.2 based kernel:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes#Updated_Packages

I think something is wrong with your host kernel. Based on the
information available, I cannot decide if it is actually a Ubuntu kernel
that is simply too old, or an upstream 4.4.1 stable kernel release that
you built yourself, and maybe 4.4.1 regressed relative to 4.4.0.

If you built the host kernel manually, why did you pick 4.4.1 exactly?
As far as I can see, 4.4.5 is also available from stable git:

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/commit/?h=linux-4.4.y&id=62e21959dc6f25c5fce0c1a0934e4a9d982bf99b

Hmm, I googled "Ubuntu" and "4.4.1" together, and the only relevant hits
I seem to be getting are from:

  http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.4.1-wily/

I wouldn't recommend using those -- PPA means "Personal Package
Archives", plus the "wily" suffix implies the 15.10 release of Ubuntu,
not 14.04.

If you insist on using Ubuntu, please at least try 16.04 LTS ("Xenial
Xerus"), which is apparently based on 4.4 *officially*.

Thanks