On 6/28/16 9:18 AM, Shi, Steven wrote:
Introduce three new toolchains in edk2. The first two ones support Link Time
Optimization (LTO) for aggressive code size improvement and the third one is
for static analysis.

CLANG38    : Enable LLVM Link Time Optimization (LTO) and code size
optimization flag (-Os) by default for aggressive code size improvement.
> X64 code is small code model + position independent code (PIE).

One problem I've run into trying to build with clang is that we have a set of files which are the same across platforms, and they use varargs.

With gcc, we can just set -mabi=ms and be done with it, but it appears clang doesn't have that option. Do you know of a way to set the default ABI with clang, or would we need to add an __attribute__((ms_abi)) anywhere we need to use varargs?

--
Bruce Cran