On 22 July 2016 at 08:34, Haojian Zhuang <haojian.zhu...@linaro.org> wrote:
> This feature isn't implemented yet. The plan is to cache the updated
> variable. When reset command is detected, write back variables from volatile
> area to eMMC device. If there's an unexpected power off or hang, the update
> variables will be lost.

This is not the way I would like to see it. I have some ideas on how
this could be implemented, both on the firmware and on the OS side,
but let's take that off line.

However, as a general note, we need to address this on the spec side,
i.e., how to support a platform whose only non-variable storage is
behind a controller that is shared with the OS at runtime.

@Haojian: for now, there is no point in continuing this discussion on
edk2-devel.

Regards,
Ard.