On 10/12/2016 10:34 AM, GN Keshava wrote:
> Thanks Laszlo, I'll check it out.
>
> I think I need to combine the LS implementation and RM implementation,
> isn't it? So there is no "format this volume" function or command exists,
> right?

The commands do exist. But they're not in Tianocore, and have non-BSD
license, owned by Intel not UEFI Forum.

http://www.intel.com/technology/efi/agree_diskutil.htm
https://firmwaresecurity.com/2015/09/26/intel-efi-disk-utilities/

But the license is not BSD. It even has a password-protected ZIP, making
you read the outer zip's readme for the password.

I presume whoever wrote this code at Intel may've read the sources to
the Microsoft FAT Windows file system code, thus the harsh license.

But now that Microsoft has relicensed the UEFI FAT FS driver, has anyone
considered relicense the code to these tools too?

Lee
(former Microsoft file system PM)