Hi, so i have parsed the structure as follow :

*BootVariable = mGetVariable(Name, &gEfiGlobalVariableGuid,
&BootVariableSize, NULL);LDAttr = BootVariable[0];FilePathListLength =
(BootVariable+2);Ptr = (BootVariable+3); // for description *

*for FilePathList[] Ptr+= StrSize((CHAR16 *)Ptr);         CopyMem (Ptr,
DevicePath, *FilePathListLength);*

I am able to get LDAttr ,FilePathListLength and description but

when i try to check DevicePath->Type it always return 0x01( Hardware Device
Path) for each device .

I have hard drive with legacy OS(BBS_DEVICE_PATH). So it should not always
return 0x01 .What i am doing wrong in parsing ?

Thanks

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Andrew Fish <af...@apple.com> wrote:

> > On Oct 18, 2016, at 10:40 AM, Laszlo Ersek <ler...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/18/16 19:18, Saqib Khan wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I can not find structure of BOOTXXXX variable, Can any one help how to
> >> extract device path from BOOTXXXX variable.
> >
> > In UEFI-related questions, the UEFI specification has a fair chance to
> > provide useful information.
> >
> > Please refer to "3.1.3 Load Options" in the UEFI v2.6 spec, available
> > for download from <http://www.uefi.org/specifications>.
> >
> > Locating the matching structure definition in the edk2 tree is left as
> > an exercise to the reader ;)
> >

> Chapter 3 Boot Manager.
>
> The structure is EFI_LOAD_OPTION but some of the fields are variable
> length so you have to do math to figure stuff out.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Fish
>

> > Laszlo

Regards