On 12/08/2016 05:11 PM, Andrew Fish wrote:
On Dec 8, 2016, at 9:27 AM, Kurt Kennett <kurt.kenn...@microsoft.com> wrote:

This seems kind of silly.
Why isn't this just const data?  This adds code and memory accesses that are
worthless and happen on every call to the function.

K2,

I think this is an attempt to conform to the coding standard?

I just went looking through the C Coding Standards document (https://github.com/tianocore-docs/Docs/raw/master/Specifications/CCS_2_1_Draft.pdf) and couldn't actually find this requirement. Which really surprises me... I must not be using the right search terms.

Could someone point out the specific section covering this requirement? I have somebody asking me about it internally here.

Sorry to be both dense and pedantic,
--

                                                Brian J. Johnson